Monday, January 19, 2015

Little Boy Kills 3 Week Old Puppy With Baseball Bat

The other day I stumbled upon a Facebook post where another user had shared a video they found. Like me, this user was disgusted, angry, shocked, and saddened by what they saw. I sat in front of my computer, sobbing my eyes out, while observing a young middle eastern boy that couldn't have been more than 9 years old horribly abuse a puppy.

This was a tiny puppy around 3 weeks old, not even weaned from its mother and this little boy was throwing it up into the air like a piece of trash and hitting it with a baseball bat. He was making a game out of harming this poor baby while 2 other little boys, his friends, watched from the sidelines and cheered (YES, cheered) him on! He was pointing and laughing at the puppy and got great joy each time the dog yelped in pain.

It killed my spirit to watch that video. I cried so hard my shirt was soaked but I just had to see how far that little boy would go for his own cruel entertainment purposes. Sadly, I watched in horror as the puppy took its last breath, suffering, bleeding, and in severe pain from broken ribs. I sat in silence for a few minutes, crying to myself, mourning for that poor little baby those evil little boys murdered. Yes, it is still murder in my eyes even though a human life was not at risk!

The sadness that video brought me never disappeared, in fact, I'm still mourning for that puppy now as I'm writing this. However, the sadness was pushed to the back of mind for a little while and that sadness turned to anger which turned to rage and hatred for that horrible little boy. I know, he's only a child. NO excuse!!!! He was old enough to know better and if he can harm a defenseless and sweet dog, I can guarantee he'll be a suicide bomber by the age of 15. After all, he was a middle eastern boy. I'm not racist but, those people seem to take delight in harming other people and animals, even themselves if they know that killing themselves will take out dozens or hundreds of other "unwanted" people in the process.

Anyway, that video made me want to become even more active when it comes to animal rights and protecting them from harm. I'm not a vegan tree-hugging nut, but I do love animals with an extreme passion (except for snakes...ugh!). I would never kill an animal for fun or even for sport (like deer hunting). When it's time to take one of our black Angus cows to the butcher every few years, I cannot look at the cow at all in the few weeks prior to his uh....consumption. I know what I'm eating when I have a cheeseburger, but I'd rather not see the process or think about it.

My point, is that we can all make a difference in our precious fur babies' lives. Make sure your kids, grandkids, etc. know that animal cruelty is wrong. If you see it happening anywhere and you can stop it without putting your own life in danger, by all means, PLEASE step in. Animals can't speak out against violence, we humans have to step in and be their advocates. I refuse to share that video with you on my blog. I cannot bear to see that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on Tiger's Blog!